Friday, July 31, 2009

The Shapeshifters

Two days have passed since we left Mist Falls Village. Many of the villagers were upset that Spirit destroyed their homes. Lagon-"Everyone, you can't blame Spirit. He did what he had to do." Spirit felt uneasy about it. Lagon-"He's young and inexperience. Don't blame him for not controlling his powers. So he destroyed your homes. Big deal." Spirit seemed nervous next to Lagon. I wondered why. We found a place to camp out for the night. I was sleeping when Spirit woke me up. Pyron-"Spirit...it's the middle of the night. What is it?" Spirit-"Please come with me Pyron." So we went into the nearby forest. Pyron-"Okay Spirit, what is it?" Spirit-"It's Lagon. He's a bit strange." Pyron-"How so?" Spirit-"I don't know why, but I can sense something's wrong. Pyron, I don't think that's Lagon." Pyron-"Huh?" Spirit was serious. Pyron-"Come to think of it, he didn't do his usual training session yesterday." Spirit-"Do you think its Lagon's clone?" Pyron-"Nogal?" I thought to myself. Pyron-"For now, let's not rouse any suspicion to him. Let's keep it quiet." Spirit agreed and we went back to the campsite.
The next morning we woke up. Lagon-"Okay people. Let's move. (The villagers complained they didn't have breakfast) If Buraki's forces find us, we're in trouble." So we moved out. Something wasn't right. Lagon wouldn't pass up breakfast unless it was serious. He didn't even want Nera close to him. Voice-"Stooooooooooooooooooop!" We all look up and saw...Lagon?! Lagon-"Everyone, that's my clone Nogal." Lagon-"No I'm not. Your Nogal." They growled at each other. Pyron-"Gana, can you tell which is which?" Gana-"Their identical in every way Pyron." Nera-"Even I can't tell who's who." Spirit-"Quieeeeeet!" The arguments stop. Spirit-"I can tell who's who." He looks at both Lagons, then lobs a blue fireball at the left Lagon. He dodges it. Lagon-"Why are you attacking me Spirit? I'm the real Lagon." Spirit-"No your not. If you were, you take the hit." Pyron-" The little guy's right. He trains with Lagon to get stronger. The real Lagon would take shots from Spirit. Your a Clone!!" Lagon-"I'm not-" Voice-"Save it. He's on to us." A small black dragon appeared. He looked like Spirit. Spirit-"What?! I have a clone too?" Pyron-"Who are you?" Tirips-"I'm Tirips, and I'm no clone." Pyron-"What?!" Gana-"But you look like-" Lagon-"Their worse than clones. Their shapeshifters." Pyron-"Shapeshifters?" Nogal revealed himself. Nogal-"And I was so close to lead them to the Dead Zone too." Group-"The Dead Zone?!" Tirips-"Well Spirit, your power is something to be admired. If you didn't have destroyed Mist Falls, everyone would have been dead." Spirit-"What? How?" Tirips-"Because...I would have killed everyone." Spirit was shocked. Pyron-"How can you say that?" Gana-"Your more evil like Buraki." Nera-"Your a cruel, rotten dragon." Tirips-"Well, complements take you so far." Nogal-"Let's kill them now." Tirips-"No. Leave them." Nogal-"But we-" Tirips-" I SAID NO!!!" Nogal-"Grrr." Tirips-"Leave them. We got a more important job to do for Master Alazar." Pyron-"What kind of job?" Tirips-"Oh, you'll see soon. Very soon. Hehehe..." Tirips and Nogal flew away. It was obvious to me Tirips lead the Shapeshifters. What could they be planning to do?
We were proud Lagon was okay. Nogal captured him, poisoned him, and took him to the enemy camp. He was able to get away thanks to Savara. Something about that griffin had me to wonder is she truly bad. After feeding our bellies and healing Lagon we moved on. The villagers also thank Spirit and asked for his forgiveness. Spirit was happy. We walked for hours on end. Eventually, we came to the Avalar border. We were about to cross when we saw a dragon. Lagon-"Who are you?" Max-Dragon-"I am Max-Dragon." We now have a problem. Was this guy on Buraki's side or on our side?

No comments:

Post a Comment